jueves, 28 de julio de 2011

absentee fathers

I read recently a comment from David Cameron about fathers who desert their children.  I suspect that no-one really knows anything about such fathers.  From what I have read, a large percentage of fathers who have become separated or divorced are prevented from seeing their children by the mother!  When I first left my wife I tried to see my children at least every week.  It was very difficult because my older child always waved goodbye with tears streaming down his face.  My wife, too, found the visits very distressing.  One evening, as I was leaving, she told me that every time she saw me it was like having a knife plunged into her heart and then twisted.  She also acknowledged that my visits were upsetting my older son who was five years old at the time.  We discussed the situation and, together, we agreed that I would temporarily stop the visits and that she would contact me when she felt stronger.  With hindsight I believe it was a plan to prevent me from having any contact with her and the children.  A plan which succeeded!  She was being greatly helped by two of my brothers and by the Staines Salvation Army.  One of the Bandsmen was the Clerk to the Staines Magistrates Court.  I was paid a visit by a social worker who - by some great coincidence! had been a music teacher, and was also a church-goer!  I could tell instantly that she was hostile towards me!  In her report to the judge she suggested that I was a promiscuous homosexual and recommended that access to my children would be prejudicial.  Acting on her report, the Judge denied me any access to my children and this was written into the decree absolute.  Many people told me to fight the order, but I knew my wife only too well and between them, she, my brothers and her family would not only make thingsdifficult for me, but also for the two boys.  I therefore became one of David Camerons absentee fathers!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario